Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Benjamin Thomas Bergmeier Arrives


Benjamin Thomas
Born at 12:23pm on 
6-12-12
weighing 8 lbs 7 ounces
21 inches long

He is my biggest baby!



He has a strong set of lungs.



In the middle of my surgery the Dr says "No way!  You've got to be kidding me.  This baby either has a really hair bottom or he's head first!"  Well, his bottom in not hairy which means he flipped at the last minute and was head down after all.  The Dr was so surprised and said that has only happened to him one other time in 1984.  He named our baby "Persnickety"  
I don't think he'll forget us! 


We are both doing great.  Chaun and I are once again thankful to the Lord for blessing us with this sweet boy.  Benjamin is a gift from God and we praise God for His kindness to us.  


6 comments:

Gretchen said...

Becky. HE. IS. SO. CUTE!!!

I would come see you at the hospital but this week is too crazy. I'm so sorry! I love to do baby hospital visits, so I'm sad. :( My children and home are sort of falling apart, so it would be bad of me to ditch them again.

I will see you when you are home though! Congrats! What a crazy kid, flipping around like that!

Becky said...

Thanks Gretchen! I totally understand! I will look forward to seeing at home. Another crazy Bergmeier. =)

CMortenson said...

i am sooooo impressed on how up to date you are after JUST having a baby. you really are amazing my friend. and congratulations!!! he is so adorable!

Joe and Katy Urbanek said...

Congratulations you guys! It's crazy how fast a pregnancy seems to go when you live so far apart! He is so precious. He definately took you guys for a ride! Congrats again, and enjoy him! Let us know when you venture back to Iowa again. We would really like to see you all!

sarah said...

SO sweet! The boy loves the 12's....it'll have to be his basketball, oops I mean baseball number! Born at 12 on 12-12. Thank goodness he wasn't 12 pounds! ;)

Nadya said...

Congrats, Chaun and Becky (and kids)! Wish we lived closer so i could come and meet little Benjamin. :-)

Can't wait to see you in July/August.