Monday, June 29, 2009

Fathers Day

Jonathan got new pajamas in honor of fathers day. I don't know if you can read them but it sums up Jonathan's thoughts of his dad:
"My dad ROCKS!"

We tried to make Chaun's day special by cooking all of his favorite treats, coffee cake, breakfast pizza and a giant cookie. I have a long ways to go in my decorating skills but it tasted delicious!

This is the only picture of my dad and I that I could find. Although I think it is a good one I need to take more pictures with him!


This Fathers Day I was grateful for three fathers. First I am grateful for my heavenly father. I am humbled at that fact that He chose me to be one of His children. He continues to teach me and bless me and I am thankful that His mercies are new every morning.

Second I am grateful for my earthly father. I am thankful that God blessed me with a dad who chose to serve God with his life. He has been a great example to me of what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus. Thank you Dad for your example and life of service to our Heavenly Father.

Third I am thankful for the father my husband is to my children. I love to watch him play with our kids and make them laugh. But more importantly I am thankful that he is teaching them God's truths as well.

I am so blessed and I love all three of these fathers!

2 comments:

Nadi said...

It looks like Johnny's more happy about the cookie than Chaun and Kate!

Unknown said...

Johnny is so cute!! I like the pajamas too!!;)